FAQ at Chapel – Read this first!

If you have any questions about tattoos, or Chapel Tattoo and what we do here, then please read the following questions. If there’s anything you’d like to know that isn’t covered here, don’t hesitate to contact us.  Our friendly and helpful staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have.


How do I get myself an awesome tattoo?

If you would like to make an appointment please drop into the studio. If you are in Victoria but outside the city, interstate or overseas, please send an email to: info@chapeltattoo.com and we will arrange an appointment time and provide details of how to pay your deposit via PayPal or money order.

Can’t I just turn up and get one?

We are happy to take walk-in appointments if there is time available. Otherwise, we can generally accommodate bookings of less than two hours within a fortnight.

Can I pay with out of state expired food coupons?

Nope. We are a cash only business and deposits of $50-$200 are payable at the time of booking.

How much does a tattoo cost?

Our minimum charge is $100. Our artists charge $170-$200 per hour for appointments of 3 or more hours. If the tattoo requires less time than this the price is quoted PER PIECE and is not charged at the above hourly rate.

Can I buy one for a mate?

Yes, gift vouchers are available. Your mate will love you forever.

What if I can’t make it or change my mind?

Cancellation or rescheduling of appointments requires at least 48 hours notice or the deposit will be forfeited and subsequent appointments may be cancelled.

I’m 17, can I still get a tattoo?

No. You must be 18 years of age to get tattooed – parental consent for anyone under 18 is NOT accepted. Don’t even try and fake it, we’re not a pub.

I have my own design, can you tattoo it on me?

If you have a picture or design in mind please bring a hard copy into the studio at the time of booking (please don’t bring flash drives, cameras or other devices as we cannot transfer artwork in this way). If your design requires a specific font or translation you will need to please provide this in hard copy form.